Privacy Terms & Conditions
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
We, Upper Shirley High, are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from your previous school. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support your teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on your progress;
- provide appropriate pastoral care;
- assess how well your school is doing;
- encourage participation in decision making (e.g. Youth Parliament);
- under the duty of the Children’s Act 2004 to co-operate with partners to improve the well-being of children.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information. Information can also be used to encourage participation in decision making, such as voting in Youth Parliament elections, which may involve sending ballot papers to your address.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it. We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Education (DfE) and health services.
In order to facilitate teaching and learning:
- we may share information with the software supplier to set up the systems needed for pupil and parent/carers to access
- if your child applies for further education, the school / LA may forward information to colleges in order to aid your child’s transition into further education.
The Local Authority has a duty under the Children’s Act 2004 to co-operate with their partners in health and youth justice to improve the wellbeing of children in their areas.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact the school directly.
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please go to the following websites:
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or the DfE as follows:
- Data Protection Coordinator: Legal Services, Southampton City Council, Southbrook Rise, 4-8 Millbrook Road East, Southampton, SO15 1YG
- Public Communications Unit: Department for Education, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT
- Website: www.education.gov.uk Email: email@example.com Tel: 0870 000 2288.