Upper Shirley High operates a cashless catering system, supplied by Nationwide Retail Systems.
Please see the attached information booklet; the system has the following key benefits:
- Increased speed of service, therefore reducing queuing times
- Facility for parents to pay on-line
- No need to carry cash, preventing loss/theft
- Students learn about important lifestyle control by monitoring their own accounts
- On a daily basis, the system automatically allocates funds to the catering accounts of those students on free school meals; students with free meal entitlements remain anonymous.
- Parents can use our online payments system to see the food their child has consumed in school (see Online Payments section)
- Reporting facilities help decrease wastage and improve the overall efficiency of the meal service
Cashless catering means that students and staff cannot use cash to purchase snacks, drinks, or meals from the school canteen. No cash can be accepted at our catering terminals, and all food is paid for by account.
Every student is allocated an individual catering account and parents can deposit funds into their child’s account through our online payments system. Alternatively, for those parents who do not have online access, students can use one of the two 'top-up' machines located in school foyer.
Purchases of food and drink are deducted from catering accounts in real time. The system automatically imposes a ‘spend limit’ of £5 for every student. This can be changed by written request to the school's Finance Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
The system uses three methods of student identification: biometric finger scan, PIN number and student photo. We recommend that students use the biometric system as it is the most secure method of identification. Students can only be registered for the biometric system once we have received written consent from parents; please see the attached ‘Opt in’ form.
For more information please contact the school's Finance Office: email@example.com
- Cashless Catering
- Breakfast Service
- Free School Meals
- Internet Payments
- Letters & Forms
- Parent Voice
- Parents’ Evenings
- Pupil Premium
- Covid 19 Catch-Up
- School Meals
- Policies & Compliance
- My Child At School
- Special Educational Needs
- Google Classroom
- Safeguarding and Supporting Parents